Volunteers Needed for 2024 Nationals
We are soliciting volunteers to help with the 2024 National Ballroom DanceSport Championships.
Why become a volunteer for this event?
- You will be part of a prestigious national dance event and see incredible dancing by the competitors.
- Part Time Volunteers (those who work 3 or more hours in a session), will get free admission to that session.
- Full Time Volunteers (those who work 8 or more hours in a day and agree to be available to do any job as needed when asked) will get admission to the ballroom for the entire day and meal vouchers of $75 per day.
- If you are a Full Time volunteer for the entire weekend, you also receive an invitation to the Celebration Party Saturday night.
- You can relax between shifts in the dedicated Volunteer room, which is stocked with drinks and snacks.
- Best of all, you will receive the undying gratitude of the entire Nationals Team!
Volunteer Positions Available:
- Door Monitor Main Doors:Control entry to the ballroom (one per shift, per session)
- Door Monitor Competitor Door:Allow only competitors to enter the ballroom (one per shift, per session)
- Door Monitor Officials Door:Allow only Officials to enter through this door (one per shift, per session)
- VIP Area Monitor:Control access to the VIP area only allowing people with the correct credentials to enter (one per shift, evening sessions only)
- Workshop Monitor:Control access to the Workshops held throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday (one per Workshop)
- Officials Meals Monitor:Control access to the Officials’ Meals area ensuring only those with appropriate credentials are admitted
- Floor Monitors:Manage spectators and competitors to ensure that they comply with the rules while in the ballroom (four per shift, per session)
- Deck Staff:Assist Deck Captain to line up competitors for their heats (2 to 3 per shift, per session)
- Ticket Sales:Help with Ticket Sales (2 per shift, per session)
- Registration Desk:Assist with competitor check-in (3 per shift Thursday 4-10 PM; 3 per shift Friday and Saturday mornings; 1-2 per shift other times; No volunteers needed at this time, but this may change)
- Anti-Doping Chaperones:Escort athletes selected for drug testing to the drug testing suite (several at the end of each Evening Session depending on the number of Athletes tested)
Day Sessions are approximately 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Evening Sessions are approximately 6:00 PM to Midnight on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Registration will be open on Thursday 4:00 to 10:00 PM and throughout the competition. Times are subject to change.