Social Dance Division Chapter Leadership Conference
WHAT: USA Dance 2023 Social Dance Division Chapter Leadership Conference
Discovering your strengths as a chapter and building your strengths as a leader.
March 17, 2023
Social Dance 5:00 – 7:00pm
March 18 & 19, 2023
Workshops from 12:30pm to 4:30pm each day. (Same topics each day.)
WHERE: Hyatt Regency St. Louis Arch
315 Chestnut Street
St. Louis, MO 63102
18th Floor, Gateway West room
Topics & Speakers
- Keeping it Legal – Esther Freeman, USA Dance Treasurer
- Unlocking Leadership through Networking – Janet Martin, District 9 Director
- Building Awareness Through Technology – Rebecca Kelley, USA Dance Central Office
- Dues and Don’ts to Grow Membership – Lolita Brawner, Social Vice President
- Recruiting Board Members – Phil Sisk, Director of Chapter Relations, District 11 Director
- How Full is Your Bucket – Lolita Brawner, Social Vice President
- Round Table Discussion – President Ken Richards, Senior Vice President Todd Kirrane and Social Vice President Lolita Brawner
- Up to date information on how to lead a successful Social Dance chapter.
- Flexibility on when to attend each informational workshop.
- Opportunity to attend the USA Dance 2023 National Ballroom DanceSport Championships.
- Social dance on Friday evening.
- Opportunity to participate in additional dance workshops offered to all Nationals attendees on Saturday and Sunday.
- All participants are encouraged to arrive on Thursday evening and depart on Monday morning in order to join the Nationals volunteer team. Full time volunteers have complimentary spectator passes and receive a meal stipend of $75 for each day that they work 8 or more hours.
- By utilizing the Nationals website to reserve your hotel room, you will get the event block rate of $159.
$100 registration fee per participant, with $300 rebate to the individual offered for participation in all 7 leadership workshops, at least 4 hours volunteered each day, and lodging in the competition hotel.
All chapter leaders are encouraged to promote this conference and to appropriate money for their board members to attend this important event and the valuable workshops. Chapter members are being asked to invest in their leadership for the longevity and enrichment of their chapters.